Back in the spring we bough tickets to see ...

the Lion King.

I told Joe back before we got married that I wanted to see this show. (The other show on my list is Wicked.)
Anyway, last night was
the night. We decided that because of finances it would be both of our birthdays and our anniversary gift. It was totally worth it!

We got all dressed up. I can't even tell you the last time I did my hair and wore makeup. My good friend Emily (who watched the little guy for us) had never seen me like this before, and we've known each other for a year now.
We thought we were short on time, so we did fast food for dinner. Turns out we could have taken our time. Oh well, at least the food was good.

We actually knew the show was coming to Salt Lake long before it was announced. One of Joe's trombone friends Lou was auditioning for the part in the pit, and the base bone also needed to double on some tuba. So he had Joe help give him some lessons. We were sworn to secrecy. Lou did a phenomenal job on the tuba! We could hear him really well, even with our seats high up in the balcony. We got to chat with him afterwards too.

I took some pictures of the little book and program we were given. They aren't the greatest, but I wanted to preserve the memory.

We loved the feel of the African culture, and like everyone says who has ever seen it, the costumes were amazing!

Here the lionesses are going hunting. It was a cool dance.

Pumba and Timone were great. This is where most of the tuba part took place.

I loved the sun.
Here we are at the theater.
It was an awesome "birthday," and Joe, I love you forever honey! So glad I married you and have you to be my best friend! I couldn't ask for a better sweetheart, husband, partner, and daddy to our little boy. I sure feel lucky every day to have you in my life.
2 years down, and forever to go!
How fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to do that. And you guys look great! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Everything to you both!
ReplyDeleteHey I totally did not say that I had never seen you dressed up before! I just thought you looked really pretty! You were all dressed up for the baby shower, remember? And thanks for letting us watch him last night! He was adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! I went and saw The Lion King with my mom and sisters two weeks ago... LOVED it! It was really good. Glad you had a good time, what a fun night!
ReplyDeleteas a side note, I saw Wicked last year when it came to Salt Lake. It is my absolute favorite broadway show ever. Seriously adorable. I'm really excited for Les Mis in the spring too! So fun!
Awwww, so tender! I've heard wonderful things about those shows. Kudos on the hair/makeup thing too. I can't usually even *find* a good hairbrush *and* some makeup! Glad you had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures of you guys! You look great!
ReplyDeleteLion King - FABULOUS! So glad you got to see it! $ well spent! (I saw it twice, London and NYC.)Don't miss Wicked either - also FABULOUS!!! (Stacey and I saw it in SF.)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary/Birthdays to you both!...and BTW, you both looked beautiful all dressed up!
Patti