This past weekend I went up the mountain to watch these guys:
Joe's younger sister Janelle, Janelle's 2 youngest Lizzie and Sabrina, and Joe's mom came too. All the pictures are courtesy of Janelle. It was a fun afternoon.
Here's Grandma J trying to help block out some of the loud noise.
This is during our lunch break. Joe's mom brought us up seom BLTs, chips, and homemade cookies. It was so tasty and so fun to have the company.
Showing off his new tricks of standing and sitting (with help of course.)
Most of the band. I think I want to take accordian lessons.
Joe was able to play the Alphorn too. Thinks Ricola. He actually forgot the alphorn mouthpiece, so he had to use his tuba one.
The original alphorns were made of one tree. Nowadays they do come apart in about 3 pieces.
Joe & Ian's alphorn duet.
This is one of my favorites: the focus is totally awesome.
When Joe first brought the alphorn home to practice, we put our little guy's rear end in the bell and Joe played. You should have seen how big his eyes got. :)
Here come the alphorns through the crowd.

It makes for a long day for Joe, but he enjoyed it all the same.
Joe and the other alphorns are on this tram. We caught the next one.
Beautiful fall colors.
On our way up
Joe and alphorn at the top with beautiful scenery.
They kinda all sound the same just because of the style of the instrument.
Janelle and her girls with Joe.
Joe and his mom. I'm really glad she was able to come and share this experience with us.
Our little polka family.
I'll have to get a better picture of my dirndl.
Joe's mom worked for 2 weeks to make me a new vest. It's so pretty and cool.
Joe made me the apron.
It was fun to be dressed up along with the rest of the Germans.
The little guy was pretty much done by this point. So were my feet and my back.
Here's me loaded down with all my gear. I didn't want to be unprepared in case it was really windy and cold up top. I sure felt like a pack-mule.
At least I got to see some pretty scenery.
What a cute little "German" family! And oh my goodness, B is so stinkin' cute and I cannot wait to meet him!!!! One more day!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe cool "focus" picture of Joe -- I loved thaqt picture but there was this stupid chair right in the way. In the end I spent an hour or so "removing" the chair. We had so much day! Lizzie said on the way back to the shuttle: "Mom, that was SO much fun and I wasn't even bored ONE SECOND!!. THat's high praise in deed from Liz, LOL.
ReplyDelete