background

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Meeting the Family

When BJ (baby Jensen, or boy Jensen, whichever you prefer) was 2 weeks old, he finally got to meet most of his Jensen cousins, aunts, and uncles that live here in Utah. First to come was Joe's oldest brother David and his family:
Here he is meeting Nick, Jacob, and Ryan.
Aunt Carol; we didn't get a picture of Uncle David holding him, but it did in all actuality happen. But the minute BJ passed some gas, Uncle David couldn't give him away fast enough.
Quality time with Ryan
Jacob, the youngest of the boys taking a turns. He seemed pretty nervous and uncomfortable, but as you can see, he did just fine. The only picture we have of Nick holding him turned out pretty fuzzy so I didn't include it. The boys were so excited when BJ finally woke up and opened his eyes.
Our lil guy definitely has some great examples of cousins to look up to throughout his life.
These are some awesome boys!

Next came Joe's oldest sister Suzette, and her family. Well, Josh wasn't able to make it, but all the girls came, and Matt too. For some reason we only got pictures of the twins taking a turn.
Suzette helping Nora.
Nora again.
And here's Rose. I don't remember what was so funny.

Then came the next brother, Peter, and his family.
Jonathan, Peter, and James. The boys were SO excited. James is actually the closest boy cousin to our lil guy on the Jensen side of the family, and he is 7. All of the other cousins in between are girls. (BJ is surrounded by 6 girl cousins on my side of the family too.) Poor BJ. Oh well. James and Jonathan are great with kids, and will be really fun for BJ to play with as he gets older.
James taking a turn. He was the most excited of them all. Super cute!
Now Jonathan's turn.
Sara took a turn too, it just happened to be dinner time for BJ; she did a great job feeding and burping him. All of the kids in this family are so good with babies.
Rachel taking her turn.

I stole these last pictures from my sis-in-law Janelle's blog. For some reason I forgot to pull out the camera when her girls got to meet BJ. Luckily, Janelle is never without her camera, so we still have documentation of the event. Janelle's girls were super cute with BJ. I let them hold him oldest to youngest, tho I probably should have gone in reverse order. Sabrina, the youngest is still working on her patience. But of course, once she was done she was ready to get going to bigger and better things. I don't remember which one said, "He's just the way I wanted!" Here's Kate.And Lizzie.

And here's Sabrina.

Either Janelle or Lizzie took this picture. I'm pretty sure Lizzie took about a hundred pictures while Janelle's hands were "otherwise engaged" with said baby. :)

And here's Aunt Janelle.

I sure enjoyed having the family get to meet the newest Jensen arrival. I miss all those that live far away, and hope it isn't too long before they get to meet BJ too.

Now he just needs to meet his Biggs cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Lorilee's little Peter younger than James? I never can remember his exact age but they're pretty close there. It's true we had all boys at the beginning (with Dave and Carol) then have gotten all girls lately (except BJ of course :P )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL the captcha for me was "burpl" made me giggle since this was about a baby :P

    ReplyDelete