background

Sunday, May 12, 2013

I've been laughing all afternoon

So I can't decide if I should just write the punch line, or give the back story so it makes sense. Maybe both, but in reverse order.

Today at church, I was waiting with Brek in his nursery class. Some of the other little kids were there, but his teacher was not. So we waited. One little girl asked if she could turn off the lights, and I told her it was probably better to leave them on for now. Immediately following my response, Brek turned to me and said, "I slept with Allie."

Now do you see why I've been laughing? I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to. Granted, I don't consider myself to be a very clever or funny person, but that's beside the point. My 2-year-old son told me he slept with a girl. And not just any girl. Allie.

Allie is one of my 15-year-old young women that I work with at church. Allie sings, is a cheerleader, super sweetheart, and down right beautiful. I'm so glad I get to be her leader so we can be friends, because if we were the same age, I would be that nerdy girl in the corner that wishes she'd notice me and say hi or something. She's just that amazing.

Yesterday, Allie was watching Brek at the church while I was in a meeting with her mom. They were playing in the nursery room, and romping about the building, having a grand time. (We were the only people in the building.) Brek took Allie on a "Dora and Boots" adventure and they ate ice cream, and apparently, they took a nap. From what Allie tells me, Brek turned the lights off in the room, laid down on the ground, curled up, closed his eyes, and took a nap for 30 seconds. Then he "woke" up and said, "That was a great nap!"

So today, being back in nursery and hearing about lights going off, reminded him of his nap with Allie.

Later this afternoon Joe was trying to ask Brek about the story, and asked him if the nap took place in nursery. To which Brek replied, "No, in a bed."

This kid cracks up! I told Allie & her mom today too. Because who wouldn't want laugh at a Brek story? Hope you got a good laugh.

3 comments:

  1. He has one of the greatest minds for a two year old. Love that boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids really do say the funniest things! What a comedian you have on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete