background

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Family Pictures...

...wonderful roommate.

Katrina was my very last roommate I had in college before I got married, minus my stint abroad while being engaged. I had never met her before moving in. I was terrified. It was my first semester back to school after my mission. I had had some good roommates before, but I had also had some that I really didn't get along with. I was returning to school with no friends and no family. I'll even admit that when I found out she was a freshman, I was a bit concerned.

But all my worries, doubts, and fears about my roommates were dispelled. Katrina was my answer to prayer. It was the best semester of my college years, even if I hadn't gotten engaged. :) She was the friend I needed and could count on. She let me mother her and give her advice. We cried together. We laughed together. I remember coming in and jumping on her bed and waking her up so I could tell her I was getting married. Oh, I just love this girl!

So, Joe and I have been so excited to have her take our first family photo. She was awesome and just snapped away, which is terrific with a little baby. The little bugger would hardly crack a smile, that is, until it was all over. So yeah, go check out the preview she put on her blog. I'm so excited to see the rest!

8 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! I love the first one especially. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Joe look great! BJ looks... solemn. Adorably solemn, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a sober suds look, they are adorable
    love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one of BJ in the leaves cracks me up! What great pictures of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are gorgeous, what a beautiful family you have! You know, Amy, if we had ever met, I am sure we would be really good friends. You seem so likeable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sister, you are SO GORGEOUS!! I just love the pictures. It makes me so happy just to stare at those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Amy I love you too!! You were the best roommate and exactly what I needed! I was so happy to take your pictures and I'm glad you like them :) How can they not turn out when you guys are so cute together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I swear I was looking at a 20-something version of your Mom in the first picture. You look so much like her in that photo! The one of BJ in the leaves CRACKS me up. Even if he didn't smile in the pictures he still has plenty of character to add to them! Can't wait to see more! XOXO

    ReplyDelete