background

Monday, June 21, 2010

Adventures in California Part 5: The Finale - Scandia

My sister Tracy had mentioned for several days how fun it would be to go to Scandia together. Scandia is a mini-golf park that also has race cars and bumper boats. It was the only thing of its kind when we were younger. We remember going there as a family. Mom's "favorite" memory was the time when she claims we all ganged up on her and got her stuck under the waterfall. We were still able to convince her to go on the bumper boats with us this time. The park is a lot more run down than it used to be, but the one new thing is that the bumper boats have water guns on them too. Sadly, there weren't enough boats for us all to go at the same time, so we went in shifts. Dad, Dustin & Adelynne, Joe & Amy, and Tracy went the first round. I love the excited and fun look on my dad's face in this first picture. I love how my dad loves to have fun with us.
Tracy under the waterfall.
All 4 boats going at it.
I think Dustin is enjoying getting his wife wet.
Here's Adelynne controlling the squirt gun.
Tracy working on her strategy. You can tell she's thinking/working hard because she is sticking biting her lower lip.
Joe and Amy at the end. I don't think Amy liked it all that much because she doesn't like getting wet. But, she wanted to go on it again with me.
Dustin and Adelynne coming in at the end.
Tracy and Dustin styling their wet look.
The second round was me and Amy, Grandpa, and Grandma and Adelynne.
Grandpa really enjoyed getting Grandma wet.
Amy controlled the squirt gun and I did the steering. It was probably my fault we got all wet.

My dad is good at these sort of things. Actually, he's good at everything.
My mom did end up pretty wet by the end, but she was a good sport.
Amy was shivering and so cold by the end. We definitely won the "wet" contest.
I'll spare you the butt picture. Believe me, I was wet.
Amy all wet but still with a smile. She was excited to go on the race cars.
She loved going with Uncle David. He drives fast!
I just love her smile! It's a good picture of my brother too.

I hated the race cars when I was younger. For some reason, they terrified me. They wouldn't let 2 adults go in the same car, so I ended up driving myself. It wasn't as scary as I remember it being. Amy came with me the 2nd time. It's fun having a niece that loves me.
And we're off!

Here's Amy watching Grandma play "Deal or No Deal." She got 1 ticket. It was fun anyway. We went out to dinner, and then we went home and played games. We played lots of games in the evenings. It's our favorite thing to do together as a family. It was nice to have Mark be able to join us too. I sure do love my family and I'm so happy to have had the chance to go spend time with them. Huge thanks to my brother David who paid for me to come. I'm already looking forward to the next time that we can all be together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! Thanks for your comment on my blog a few weeks ago. I love this blog world and the crazy ways you get connected with different people.

    Love Scandia! What fun to be back in Northern California with family for a bit. I love it when we get to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete