The first week of being in California was actually spent in Southern California, where my grandparents and aunts and uncles on my mom's side of the family live. We spent the majority of our vacation time there when we were growing up. Since I went away to college, I really haven't spent much time there, for various reasons. It ended up being a good visit.
Our very 1st stop, even before Disneyland, was actually for my cousin Megan's baptism. She turned 8 in April. It was nice to be able to be there to support her and the good decisions she is making in her life. It was definitely a day to remember - she pouted a good majority of the day, which is sad because it is such a special day. But alas, I'm thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that enables us to become better and make changes when we have days like that. Here's a picture of all of us that were able to be there:

Left to right: My grandparents, my parents, Dustin and Tracy, me down on the floor with Amy, Adelynne is to the left. Then my aunt Michelle and cousin JD in back, with my cousin Ty in front, next to me. Then it's my aunt's parents. Megan is there in the pretty white dress. The far right is my cousin Jordan and my uncle Keith.
Other happenings: While attending Disneyland and the beach we stayed at my aunt Jill's house. Her husband Chris gave this fun thing to my nieces. We had fun with it the whole vacation.


Here's Amy all ready to leave Aunt Jill's house and go to Grandma Great's (aka my grandma).

We then spent a couple days at my grandparent's house. Most of the family came up on Sunday to spend the day too, so we were able to see my aunts and cousins again. My grandma was so sweet and got me a cake to celebrate my birthday. I was really excited. I haven't had a "party" of any sort for my birthday in what seemed like ages. Last year I was struggling with depression and Joe let me celebrate it just the 2 of us. It was fun to be sung to and have so much family there too.

The cake was delicious. I got 24 of the 26 candles out in the first breath.

Here's the cake. I got the yellow flower, and Megan and Adelynne got the other 2. It was rich and chocolatey.

Here's me and my aunt Michelle. She's a hoot!

Here's Megan and Adelynne and Amy playing on their Leapsters. Amy isn't crying in this picture, just in case you were wondering. She's laughing.

I guess during the past few years where I haven't been to my grandparents' house in some time, my grandpa acquired this cool rocking "horse" airplane. He was a pilot in the airforce. I thought it was awesome.

I tried really hard to get some pictures of Adelynne on it. She was a bit of a punk, but very funny. I don't remember how we finally got these out of her. She's such a beauty.

Then she went all model for us. I love these pictures!

It was a great trip down south. I really enjoyed seeing my grandparents, my aunts, uncles, and cousins too.
Hey, great job with the posts! I guess I need to do mine now, but I think you have more pictures. Hmmm. You did get some great pictures though.
ReplyDeleteJust read your CA adventures...sounds like SO much fun! Love you cuz!!
ReplyDelete