One of the first things we did when we got back to my parent's house was celebrate my actual birthday. My sweetheart Joe left Utah around 2:30 a.m. and drove "all night" so that he could spend my actual birthday with me. My sister and mom spoiled me and bought me new clothes. And they made me a cake.

I got all 26 candles this time.

The next day we finally got to see my other nieces Heather, Katie, and Annalies, along with my sister-in-law Rachel. We went and watched my brother Mark play softball. It was fun to cheer him on. My nieces loved being together with their cousins. They were super cute to watch. We're pretty sure Katie and Amy were off having a "Dora" adventure.

Cute nieces. Silly girls. I think Heather is holding a roll.

Amy and Adelynne watching Alice in Wonderland. This is the 2nd time they watched it. They saw it the night before for the 1st time and Amy kept running into the kitchen to get me to "come see" what was happening.

We were also able to have Heather and Katie spend the night so the girls could have more cousin time. Barbie movies were a favorite. Here's Adelynne and Heather.

I captured Katie coloring.

I also overheard Amy and Katie playing upstairs so I went and snuck up on them and took these pictures without them knowing. I love listening to my nieces play make-believe together. It's such a sweet sound.

Then they found me behind the door and actually let me take good (better) pictures of them.

Gotta love the Barbie suitcase cell phone. Oh, and Amy kept getting "dressed up" in her various nightgowns and pjs. She would honestly put on several of them throughout the day.

LOVE THIS PICTURE!

Ice cream sandwich break

Complete with silly face contests

Now it's Amy and Katie's turn to watch in the big chair.

After Katie and Heather left, grandma pulled out her fun bubble toys for Adelynne and Amy to play with.

They did a great job taking turns. Grandma let them get all soapy, and then she sent Adelynne in to "get" me. Don't worry, I got Grandma back later.

We were able to see lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins while we were there. My cousin Tamra's daughter Rebecca was baptized and the next day they blessed their youngest Matthew. We were able to attend the ward I grew up in; it was nice to see old friends. After Becka's baptism we had a family party at their house and had pizza and went swimming. It was so fun to be in the water and be with my family. I'm so proud of Becka and the choices she is making in her life. Sadly, by being at Becka's baptism we missed our nephew Jonathon's baptism. I know that it was a special day for both of them and that they are doing their best to follow Jesus Christ. I love having both Becka and Jo-Jo as a part of my family!
My cousin Tammy (and Aunt Donna and Uncle J'Earl) weren't able to come down for the baptism or blessing, so we went up and spent an afternoon with them. They made us delicious food (of course) and we had fun playing games. This is Tammy's little boy Bryce. He just makes me happy.

We enjoyed playing outside in the backyard with this game. I don't know what it's called. I'm not very good at it, but it was fun despite my poor "athletic" abilities. Bryce had fun playing with it too.

See! So cute!

And, being the mean aunt that I am, I made Amy cry by not giving her the balls that she wanted. And I'm especially mean because I think she's so cute/funny when she's crying, thus all the pictures of it.

Here's an upclose look at those tears and the pouty lip.

And here's a picture of us cousins together before we headed home.

Me holding Amy, Joe, Adelynne up front, Tracy, Dustin, and Tammy holding Bryce.
It was great to be able to see family and friends. I especially enjoyed time with my parents and siblings and nieces. I love being "home." It soothes the heart. (Not that my heart was in need of soothing, but it just felt good to be there.)
Those are great pictures of Amy's pouty lip! I think the best ever. I wish we were still playing games around the table in the evenings.
ReplyDelete