background

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Nativity

I needed somewhere to start with blogging about my 3 week Christmas vacation, so I figured I would start with our family's re-telling of the nativity.

This year as Grandpa read the story from the Bible, we had the girls, my 4 adorable nieces dress up and act out the story. My husband Joe was chosen to play the role of Joseph (because that is his name.) Heather, as the oldest, got to be Mary this year. Adelynne and Katie were angels. Amy was a shepherd. I got to help direct the cast out in front of the Christmas tree when it was their respective turn.
Right before we started I caught Amy and Katie in the other room having fun. They are so cute!
Here is me performing my responsibilities with my actresses and actor.
Our Mary and Joseph making their journey
and then settling in "Bethlehem"
Here comes our shepherd:
The shepherd made it to the manger
Here come the angels. Adelynne is holding up the star to guide them
My brother Mark played the role of the 3 wiseman, courtesy of our mom's pillow
After the nativity story we sang Christmas carols
Heather sang some of the songs from her school's Christmas program. She's so cute without those 2 front teeth.
I sure do love my family. And I love the Christmas story, that reminds us all for the reason of the season. A time to celebrate the birth and life of our Savior. A time to give thanks and show gratitude. A time to be with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment