background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

My mom told me I'm not a good blogger. She is right. I thought it would be something that I would crave to do. I find myself more often dreading it because of all "the work" I have to do to pull out the camera, make sure it has enough battery power, upload the pictures, and then deal with everything else in portraying the event in just the right way. Ah, maybe in time I'll learn to love it more. I certainly love reading all the blogs of family and friends, so it's worth it.

This year was my first Jensen family Thanksgiving. And lucky for me, my parents made the drive out to join us too. I loved having them here for a visit, especially taking the opportunity to show them our new apartment.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. It is my favorite holiday. I think nothing can surpass the opportunity to gather with loved ones, give thanks for blessings, and eat good food.

Joe's oldest brother Dave, and his wife Carol were our hosts. They had 2 Chinese friends in attendence, and then almost the entire local Jensen crew. It was a full house, but we all fit comfortably. Andrew made place tags, and each table setting had a candy bag that looked like a turkey. Joe and I were excited to have had a successful first-time at making mashed potatoes. If I do say so myself, they were quite perfect! :) The food was of course, DELICIOUS!
Joe and Ryan enjoying their food

And there was certainly more than enough pie to go around
Thanks to Dan and Michelle, we all enjoyed passing little Madison around. Here's Joe taking his turn.
And I do have to give a shoutout to my sister-in-law Janelle, who took all the pictures. She knows how to capture fun moments.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment