Two monumental things happened for Brek in the month of January. First, he received his first black eye, apparently courtesy of a friend from day care. It took several hours to show tho, because his daycare provider neither saw the event happen, nor did the bruise appear while he was at her house, and I didn't notice it when I went to pick him up. But by the time Joe got home from work, it had surfaced, and he was the first to notice. We're pretty sure this won't be his last black eye. :)
Second, Brek got to give his very first talk in Primary at church. We practiced several times leading up to it, and even had mommy and daddy demonstrate. When we practiced at home, he had a hard time standing still and speaking clear enough and loud enough. (He is 3.)
But when we went down for Primary and when it was time for him to give his talk, he went up and stood next to Joe, and then decided he was going to be shy so he stood behind Joe instead. Joe would tell him what to say, and Brek would repeat it loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. And we had him show this picture of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, he held it out from behind Joe for his friends to see. It was pretty cute!
This is his talk:
This
year in primary our theme is “Families are Forever.”
We can be with our families forever because of the temple.
When
I was a little baby, I went to this temple and was sealed to my mommy
and daddy, so I can be apart of of our eternal family.
When
we go to the temple, we make promises with Heavenly Father called
covenants.
Making
covenants helps us to be more like Jesus, and that makes us happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment