background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Do-it-yourself

So, I'm playing catch up a little. I had things I meant to blog about before our little arrival, well, arrived. But obviously I didn't get to them until now. So here's some things from our summer:

On the day we went to meet our birthmother, we heard a loud pop from our driver's side window and were stuck with this for the following month:A window that wouldn't roll up, and as we drive along, it continues to fall down by itself. The inside is covered in finger/hand prints from trying to pull it upwards while driving along the road. It was especially bad for Joe and his allergies. I told him it had to be fixed before the baby came. But, money being tight and going to more important things, ie: baby, I convinced Joe that we could fix it ourselves. We got online, looked up what parts we needed to replace, and set to tearing apart our door.
It was trickier than I expected, and easier than Joe expected. This is the part that we had to replace:It cost us about $80, which we were thrilled about because online the guy said it cost him $125. We were pretty proud of ourselves when all was said and done. And now we have a window that rolls up and down, on command.

No comments:

Post a Comment