background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Picture I Can't Post


I can't post this picture, but it means a lot to me.

This is the last time we saw Jewel. This was right before we all signed papers. This was also when we asked her if we could use the name Julian as a middle name. She started crying. Jewel isn't an emotional person, though of course this experience was emotional for her. But her tears were a sign to us that it meant a lot to her. This picture means a lot to me. I want Brek to know that his birthmom held him. She loved him. She still loves him. She didn't give him up. She gave him a life and love that she felt she could not give him herself. She made me a mommy, and Joe a daddy. She literally gave me my world. And she made Joe's dream come true.

Jewel is amazing. Not just because she gave us our son. But she just is. I'm glad we had a lot of time with her, to get to know her better, and hopefully for her to get to know us too. I hope this picture will bring peace to her, and to Brek too.

No comments:

Post a Comment