We are so happy that he is here! He is beautiful! He is in the NICU, but is improving and doing well. The doctors think that he is a little premature, somewhere around 35 weeks, instead of the supposed 38 or 39. He doesn't have any lines on his feet, which apparently is one of the signs of premature babies. He has lots of dark soft and fuzzy hair, which I expected to be a lot coarser. He has a dimple chin, just like Joe, which I think is adorable. We are watching his heart rate and breathing, which will determine when he gets to try real food and also when we get to take him home. He is already improving a ton, so we know he's special.
He was 6 pounds 5.3 ounces and 18.5 inches long. 

He seemed very calm to me, and I loved just holding his hand. He finally cried after we had been with him for a couple hours. I love that sound!
hooray that he has arrived! he is super cute and we can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, mommy and daddy!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you holding him-- its makes me emotional. He is such a cute baby, and I can't wait to meet my new nephew!
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of you and Joe holding your first born. Can't wait to hold him next week give him hugs and kisses from grandma and grandpa
ReplyDeletelove you all
mom
Sooo beautiful.
ReplyDeleteJust some info--the hair will get curlier... it starts out as fine, soft baby hair and curls and thickens up until about age 3 or so :)
What a gorgeous little boy. I'm in awe.
He is so stinking CUTE!!! I am so happy for you guys. Now you can start enjoying the joys of having a newborn home like us--we can both be sleepy ;) Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a handsome baby -- and a good size for a 35 weeker.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you in Indiana.
Cheers, Mary (Tracy's friend)
He is so precious! My package for you all is in the mail. (...after sitting in my car for 2 1/2 weeks.) Congratulations Amy and Joe!
ReplyDeleteLots of Love,
Patti
He is adorable! I am so happy for your sweet family! I'll be checking back often for updates...
ReplyDelete