Well, I'm working my way through the year, month by month. In June we went to the zoo for my birthday. We had a lot of fun.
 |
| Loved the Elephants - momma and baby |
 |
| The Giraffes were fun too. |
They just opened a new exhibit with otters, bears, walruses, seals, and a polar bear. We loved watching the polar bear swim. And the otters were very playful too. Brek had a blast going through this log at the new section.
Brek got to ride the carousel 3 different times. First time he rode the tiger, with daddy. Second time he rode the elephant with mommy. And third time he rode the polar bear, with daddy again. His temperament fluctuated each time between clingy-ness and then happiness, and then fits with having to get off.
 |
| Just in the left corner, but I love Brek's facial expression. |
 |
| Catching the smile |
 |
| I really love this picture, and he's so happy! |
 |
| "Point to Mommy" |
 |
| "Where's Mommy?" |
 |
| So cute! |
 |
| A nice up-close shot |
 |
| We also rode the train |
 |
| And the best part of all was playing in the water |
 |
| So cute, and so wet! |
 |
| Yum! |
I made this cake for myself for my birthday. This is before I frosted it. It is a brownie layer on bottom, cookie dough in the middle, and funfetti on top. We ate it with Matt and Suzette and their family. (Suzette is Joe's oldest sister. Joe was staying with them for the next 2 weeks for Intermuse while I was single-mom-ing it and working at home.)
 |
The birthday girl!
Grandma and Grandpa Biggs came to visit at the end of Joe's Intermuse course, and over Father's Day/my parents' anniversary. We decided to try out the Children't Discovery Museum in Salt Lake. Brek loved it. First there were balls. Then there was water. Then there was flying things. I mean, this is every little boy's dreamworld. Lots of pictures...
 |
 |
| Grandpa was working really hard to get some balls un-stuck |
 |
| Oh, and we went to the building area too. |
 |
| Grandpa had a go at the crane. |
 |
Proof that Grandma was there, in the background. The other picture I have of her wouldn't flip. Brek is helping Daddy build. |
 |
| Grandpa and Daddy building Brek a house |
 |
| Love that face. |
 |
| Doing it like the big boys. |
 |
| The water! |
 |
| I know this one is sideways, but I love his face! |
 |
| I found a horse |
 |
| Brek didn't like it too much |
 |
| He did take Daddy for a drive |
 |
| Permit days are done, and he's on his own. |
 |
| The air tunnel and flying paper |
 |
| Look at it go up |
 |
| A moment with the giant legos. |
 |
| Playing tuba with daddy |
For my job with Culver's, I got to help organize our participation in some local parades. They usually were happening at some crazy times, so Joe was wonderful and helped. He was our driver. Brek got to ride in the truck with Daddy, and watched Elmo while we drove along. I got to help hand out candy and keep our Scoopie person going strong. I really enjoyed it!
 |
| Our Culver's-Jensen Family |
No comments:
Post a Comment