In May we had a Flat Stanley from my friend Betsy's school in northern California. We took him to the aquarium.
 |
| I know the turtle is blurry, but I still think it's a pretty cool picture, and it captures Brek too. |
 |
| Here's a good picture of one of the sharks. |
 |
And I love this picture of the otter. They are so fun to watch!
Joe and I took a really fast trip to Wyoming for a job interview. Thankfully Brek was able to stay with Grandma Jensen and I got off of work for it. He didn't end up getting the job, but better things always come. :) We almost lost Flat Stanley in this next picture because of the wind, but Joe wanted to capture this gorge.
|
Brek really loved Flat Stanley.


Got my Mother's Day pictures. (I sure gained a lot of weight. oy!) But I love my son no matter what I look like and even on the really hard days, I'm still so thankful to be his mother.

 |
This one is my favorite.
At the beginning of the month we were able to go and cheer my cousin Tammy on as she ran a marathon in Provo.
 |
| First time we saw her, a little over 1/2 way done. |
Someone gave Brek a balloon while we waited for runners to come in.
|
 |
| Here comes Tammy! |
 |
| All done! And so exhausted! |
 |
Just a cute picture of the boy. Can't have too many of those.
|
At the end of May, we were able to go out to Nebraska to visit Joe's sister and her family for Memorial Day weekend. One of Joe's brothers and his family was also visiting at the same time. Brek loved his cousin time. On Memorial Day we took a drive up to Mount Rushmore. Cousin Mara was being so sweet with Brek. Brek loved the flags, and it was pretty windy and they were going crazy. He was quite fascinated. But then when we came through the flags and saw the mountain, Brek pointed and started laughing. He thought the faces on the mountain were hilarious. We all got a kick out of that!
.jpg) |
| Pointing to the faces on the mountain. |
 |
| With cousin Mara |
 |
Took a cousin shot as we were entering. Missing 2 that were already hiding from the wind. L-R: James, Jessica, Rachel, Brek, Sara, Mara, Jensen, and Jonathon |
 |
| We stopped for ice cream on our way out, and I couldn't help myself with this shot. |
We had a wonderful visit, loved being with family, and Joe was able to interview for a job out there in Nebraska, so we got to see the town and get a feel for life in Nebraska. Joe ended up getting the job, and we are super excited about the new adventures ahead of us! Go Huskers!
No comments:
Post a Comment