Remember this guy? ...
He has friends now:
What a cute little dinosaur village!
I've got one more cut out, but still need to be assembled, and then 1 more after that.
I'll be sure to take a picture when they're all done.
Joe
brought home a keyboard from work that wasn't being used. Brek's
favorite thing is to turn on the demo button and let it go on for
forever. These are some cute shots from the first day we had it:
 |
| Dolly is playing piano too! |
 |
| Love that I captured this moment between father and son! |
 |
| And a sweet smile for mommy! |
A few weeks ago, we got to join our friends, Brek and Brooke, and a
crowd of family and friends, in celebrating their little boy's birthday.
Garrett passed away in July, and would have been 3. It was really fun
to watch and participate. Brek (our son), LOVED watching the lanterns.
 |
| The best shot I got all night. |
Joe was kinda nervous about them catching things on
fire, but there were 2 that got caught in a neighboring tree. The
lantern completely burned up in just a couple minutes, and the tree was
no worse off than before. It was a relief to know that they were safe.
 |
| We arrived just as the first bunch sailed off into the night sky. |
It
really was just as beautiful and magical as the movie Tangled portrays
it. Highly recommend lanterns as a fun way to remember and honor loved
ones.
 |
| This was how Brek was bundled up for the outing. I love his little hat. He looks all Russian. |
 |
| Here's Joe trying to teach Brek about horse-y rides. It lasted about 5 seconds. |
 |
| Eating a banana from the peel. |
We've almost got him using his teeth to bite on a regular basis now. Usually he just sucks on the banana instead.
 |
| Just a sweet picture |
 |
| He looks a little manic in this one. |
To add to my dinosaur craftiness, I took this dress which doesn't fit me anymore...
and turned it into...
It was surprisingly easy and I love the length and feel of it too. I've got 2 other similar dresses that I want to turn into shirts. Not sure when exactly I'll get to them tho.
I've also been enjoying things on Pinterest, and decided to try out
this yummy recipe for chocolate peanut butter cups. Here's my filling all rolled out and ready to freeze:
And here's the yummy finished product:
I changed the recipe just a little and did 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 2 cups semi-sweet. I just like milk chocolate better, so that's why I did it that way. Next time I'll make them smaller because they are REALLY rich. Even I need a glass of milk with them, and I'm not normally a milk-drinker. They were pretty darn easy, but definitely took some time; not an immediate-satisfaction sort of treat, but still worth it in the end. We're still enjoying them, and it's been almost an entire week. Tasty treats don't normally last that long in our house.
This cute little guy turned 18 months. He is 32 inches long and 25 pounds.
At church, little ones finally get to join the nursery once they reach 18 months. We've been taking him in for the past few weeks, and staying with him. This week he got to go all by himself. I was told he
ran out of the general meeting early, signing the word "play", and knocking on the door to go in. He loves the toys and social interaction. He does pretty well sharing and playing with the other kids too. We're happy because now we get to sit through the adult meetings and hopefully get a little more "grown-up" content AND interaction. :)
I tried to take a few pictures to capture the milestone before he headed off to church.
 |
| Love this one, even tho it's blurry. |
Today, we've been cleaning and getting things ready for Grandma to come and visit. Brek took a really long nap, but woke up super happy and playful. (LOVE!) He played in his crib for about 30 minutes before I finally convinced him to come out and eat lunch. Then he went back in and played for another half hour or so.
 |
| Bouncing |
 |
| Up close. Love those eyes. |
 |
| Giving "loves" to his lion. |
 |
| My monkey behind bars. |
 |
| Loves for my Russian bear "Bublik" |
 |
| Just cute. |
 |
| Even the ball got "loves" and kisses. |
 |
| I'm a little too slow to get the kiss in action. |
 |
| Kisses for elephant. |
 |
| Signing "help" because he threw the ball out of the crib. |
 |
| Kisses for lion. Again, too slow. |
Well, I've never before taken pictures and posted them the same day. Go me! Hope the rest of you are staying warm and having the crazy kind of days we have in our house. :)
Yay! I'm so happy to see new pictures. Feel like forever since we've seen you guys. What a cute little man :)
ReplyDeleteHey good job today!! I love that you turned the dress into a skirt!! So AWESOME!!! You amaze and inspire me, sis! I hope you have a great visit with Mom, and I can't wait to see you in Feb!!!
ReplyDelete