background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Brek's 1st Haircut

Since last December, Joe has been asking me to cut Brek's hair. I told him we could cut it after he turned 1. Well, it so happened we met some friends who said they would cut it for us and teach me how to do it in the future. On Brek's birthday, after a long and fun-filled day at the zoo, we went over to their house. Unfortunately, my camera was dying, so the pictures aren't that great and there aren't many of them, but I think this gives you the before, during, and after feel.
Before
Brek's hair was so long that at first, Ikwo had to pick the hair and cut it with scissors before he could use the buzzers. So this next picture is after the scissor cut but before the buzzers were used.
Mid-cut
And this is the final product. 
We were trying to get a picture of Brek along with Dinah and Ikwo's son Makai. He is 3 months older than Brek. They adore each other. Makai is the only other kid we've met that greets Brek with equal enthusiasm and energy. We also think they could be twins. And we aren't the only ones that think so. Even Dinah's sister and her kids have had to do a double take when they have seen Brek. But as you can see in the picture, Brek was over enthusiastic and wouldn't sit still. And then my camera REALLY died, so I couldn't get another shot. Oh well. What fun memories. :)

I kept most of Brek's hair. It's still in a little baggy. I hope to put some of it in his baby book, if I ever get around to it, to show his tiny curls, and also how L-O-N-G it was. I'd also like to send some to his birthmother in our next letter.

That first haircut was certainly a bittersweet moment. He looks so different and grown-up. It's also been so much easier to care for, which is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment