background

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Other January Happenings

January has seemed like a very long month. Not much has really happened. I spent several weeks with a cold/flu, BJ had the never-ending cold which finally cleared up about the same time I was feeling better, and Joe picked up the sickness this past week. That's been fun. :)

The little guy is sitting up by himself really well.
Just a cute picture.
He was moved from his bassinet into his crib.
He likes the new bed a lot, and it has made him think he's in a whole new place. He likes all the "new" things to look at. His curiosity and observance is super cute, except for when he wakes up in the middle of the night and needs to get a good study of the "darn fan." We keep telling him that nothing has changed, but he hasn't started to believe us yet.
Like I said, he spends a lot of time in his saucer. He's only fallen asleep in it once.
I know his nose is gross - this was the worst of his cold. But it was just so cute that he fell asleep while playing.
He has also started teething, made evident by his chewing on EVERYTHING.
I told you in the Christmas post how he is interested in our food now. Especially with cups. He hasn't figured out that they are supposed to tip, so we seem to satisfy his need to share just by putting the rim of the cup up to his mouth. He gets a few good slobbers and licks in, and then he's nice enough to let us take another sip, but only if we remember to give him another turn.
Joe played in a little polka band for a missionary dinner. I just happened to know this Elder that was there. He's from the ward I grew up in. I've known him since he was a baby. My dad rebuilt his family's house after it burned down. I'm sending a copy to his mom.
Here's the little guy in his Christmas outfit from Grandma Biggs. It's so darn cute! Sadly, he hit a growth spurt and the pants are already capris. I'm hoping to get some professional photos done of him in the outfit before it really doesn't fit him. I just think he looks so charming!
Oh, and he's wearing Joe's polka hat too.
More pictures from the same evening.
Joe's mom had the entire Jensen family make puzzle people. I'm excited to see the rest of the family's. We were pretty proud of ours, tho I thought mine was kinda boring. Oh well. This actually isn't the finished product. Joe put googly eyes on. :)
My mom gave us this tummy time toy when we first found out we were getting a baby. We finally pulled it out. BJ really liked it and kept trying to grab the sponges. Here he is giving it a lick. I think the next time we pull it out I'm going to fill it with warm water; his arms were really cold after playing with it.
More water tummy time.
He's such a happy, fun boy!
See, I told you he likes his saucer.
Just a happy morning.
We're really starting to get his hair figured out. We got a special brush for him and all the right shampoos and conditioners. It really helps define his curls.
He really likes bath time. He also likes running water. He likes to watch it in the kitchen, and when he's in the bath he likes sitting under it or putting his hand under it. It sure is fun to watch him learn and explore.

The little guy rolled over for the first time on January 11th. It was very exciting. He doesn't quite understand our applause and cheers, but I'm sure it won't take him long.
He also pulled himself from sitting to standing a couple weeks ago. We're sure it was just a fluke sort of thing - he just loves being on his feet.

He had his 6-month check-up on the 26th. He weighed 17 pounds, 4 ounces, which is 50%. He also had a major growth spurt in his height, up to 27 inches, 75%. His doctor was sure that the nurse had done it wrong, so she remeasured him. The nurse had been a little off, adding his hair as part of his height, but BJ really had just gotten that tall.

BJ is also talking and babbling A TON! It's super cute! He's even got loud and exclamatory and squeals. He's usually most talkative in the mornings. At least he wakes up happy. :) He has started playing with toys more, and he loves books. He especially likes to have a book when Daddy has one. He doesn't really care so much if we actually read it, but he likes hitting the pages. One day when Joe was reading a book aloud, BJ was super talkative every time Joe was reading. And when Joe would stop, so would the little guy. Joe got kinda frustrated about it, but it really was cute.

Alright, well I think I'm all caught up now. Hope you enjoy the posts. Who knows, it might be another month before it happens again. :)

5 comments:

  1. He is just so handsome! And you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our puzzle pieces are BORING! But I am so proud of myself for not killing myself to over-do them at least. They're simply colored in crayon and/or colored pencil. Michael forgot to do his on time so Kate did it for him. Y'alls are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little prince is the cutest there is. Love all the new pictures. love you all mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! I want to play with him! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete