| Here Joe and I are as we got in the car and headed up to dinner. |
It was a beautiful, and really busy day that began with Joe's brass band rehearsal, my primary activitiy about being missionaries, and then we went down to look at new apartments. Then we came back, and I spent an hour and a half curling my hair at Joe's request, which I do think turned out quite cute; then we left.
This year, the teachers were able to eat first, and then we all watched the students come into the room so we could notice and comment on their attire. Pretty fun actually. It is a "no-date-required" event for the entire school; in fact, coming stag is encouraged. After dinner, everyone gets to meander thru the gardens while the tables and chairs are taken down and room is made for dancing late into the evening.
Joe thought I looked so cute in his tails.
Of course, tho the day was beautiful, I was cold.
Thank goodness for your date's jacket!
|
Here is my handsome date!
The tulips were beautiful all throughout the Gardens. |
| This is in the "Secret Garden," our favorite part of the Gardens. Joe felt it was crucial to capture a photo of me spewing water. Eh, good times |
| Here's our cute little couple picture at the top of the waterfall. This is the one I looked best in at least, thus the reason I'm posting it.
Thankfully, our enjoyment of the evening did not end with a wonderful dinner, the beautiful scenery, and a lot of laughs at the drama of high schoolers. No, indeed. There was more...
Unbeknownst to the principal (who never would have let it happen HAD she known), a FLOOR SHOW was arranged for entertainment before the dance started. I think it was designed for the entertainment of the teachers, but the students seemed to like it too. Sadly, the pictures don't do it justice, but I'll post some of them anyway. We were sitting in the back, so most of the pictures are from behind. And they are blurry. Sorry. The dancers ranged from about age 10-18. They were pretty good too. It just seemed like a strange concept for prom, if you know what I mean.
And of course, we couldn't end the evening without some fun "romantic" pictures of us
I sure love this stud of mine!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment