background

Saturday, December 1, 2012

October & November

Well, since I'm really lacking in pictures, the rest of October and all of November primarily constitute of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Oh well, he's cute. :)
Our little Elmo
Brek got to wear his costume to story time at the library. There were several other children that got upset because they wanted to be Elmo. Yes, that's my son - creating meltdowns for EVERYONE.
Just love that face
Brek did great with trick-or-treating. Our first house were our neighbors, and Brek just walked right in when the door opened. He sure loved all the treats and we had fun.

Joe wanted to capture this moment. Sorry that this first picture didn't flip. I also have to draw your attention to Brek's pillowcase. Joe insisted that he be able to pick it out on his own. And Brek insisted that it be leopard print. I still find it quite embarrassing, but I'm getting used to it. Anyway, the reason we took this picture is because Brek decided on this particular evening that he wanted to take a new animal to bed with him. It's a skunk, called skunky-poo. It was Joe's stuffed animal as a kid. And that top blanket was made for me as a baby. Now, Brek has upgraded to taking Elmo, Skunky-poo, and a little brown bear that he calls "baby bear" all to bed. And he has 3 blankets too. Bedtime sure has become quite the process. :)
Just capturing that face again. Couldn't resist.
For Thanksgiving, we were really lucky and my sister Tracy, her family, and my parents all came out to eat and celebrate with us. I wasn't expecting them until late in the evening, but they drove through the night and surprised me early in the afternoon. I hadn't finished cleaning (which I always do before having company), but I sure loved having even more time to spend with my family. Brek was excited to get to bring cousin Rori and Grandma to storytime. (Cousins Amy and Adelynne, and Aunt Tracy joined us too.)
Rori and Brek coloring and using stamps as we waited for more friends to arrive.
We made turkeys! And enjoying our snack. 
Trying to grab a picture with all the kids and some of the new books our library just got.
The only other pictures I took during our Thanksgiving holiday were of Brek doing shapes with Uncle Dustin. I didn't even capture our amazing feast, which I totally give myself props for - it was awesome!
I just love this picture! Uncle Dustin is so amazing!
 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday, and it didn't disappoint. I planned a "Minute to Win it" competition and I thought it was a blast. We did puzzles and played games. The food was of course, very yummy. We went to the park several times and I took my family for a walk down Main Street. I didn't get to take them down the streets with the bigger, nicer looking homes, which someday I hope we'll be living in, but that's ok. We ate out at our burger joint too; I'm sure we more than doubled their day's worth of customers with just our family. :) My parents even got to hear Joe and me speak in church (not that I think that's a good thing since I hate speaking in church, but oh well.)

Anyway, hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well. And now Christmas is upon us. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad to see all these new pictures. He's so TALL! And I love the picture of him asleep by his door. Lizzie was the queen of sleeping in unexpected places. Under Sabrina's crib, between the bypass doors of the closet, squished against the door so firmly I couldn't open it at all without shoving her along the carpet, etc. I hope we get to see you guys in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely be out in June, so we will see everyone then. :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas (especially without too much sick stuff.) :)

      Delete
  2. We had a great time. It was fun to see your town and where Joe works. We loved listening to you speak. We just loved being with your family and Tracy's family. Have so much fun with your sister for Christmas.
    love you so much
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! It was the best bestest to have you there to celebrate with us Amers! Not to mention your handy memory for line dances. Thank you so much for coming, it was wonderful to have you and see Brek, too.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete