background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I cut my hair

Brek wanted in on the picture-taking.
Looking at the before pictures it's not as long as it felt. But I was ready. It was inspired by my friend Jessica. Love her. Hadn't seen her in years. Had a wonderful time at lunch with her and her mom Kay, another beloved friend. Anyway, loved Jessie's hair. The first time I ever had my hair cut and styled, Jessie and Kay were the ones that talked me into it, because I was terrified, and Kay even went with me and practically held my hand. Since then, I'm not so afraid to do it. While we were all having lunch and I voiced aloud that I might cut my hair, Kay right then and there called her favorite stylist, and set up an appointment for the next day. The stylist happens to be the mom of girls I grew up with. So that was fun.
My cut is shorter than Jess'. I'm still getting used to it. The biggest difference is the sweeping bangs. I'm using lots of bobby pins these days. I like it best when I use the flat iron, but I'll admit it, I don't do it often. Hardly ever. I'm just too lazy and don't care. So the natural body takes over. Some days I really hate it. Other days it doesn't bother me as much. Most of it fits in a pony tail, or a clippy. So it works. I think come another month or so it will be the perfect length.

But yeah. There you have it. I cut my hair.

1 comment: