background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Brek's Sealing

I know this post has been a long time coming. My apologies for the delay, and many thanks to my cousin Melissa for the only family picture we took on that special day, and to my sister-in-law Janelle who took the rest of the pictures.

Brek was sealed to Joe and I, becoming a part of our eternal family on Saturday, March 5, 2011, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in South Jordan, Utah.
We were sealed by my NY mission president, Alan Layton. He is the temple president of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was very nice to have him perform such a special and sacred ordinance.

It was such a wonderful day, and extremely emotional too. To say that it was a special day feels like an understatement. It was so overwhelming (in a good way, of course), to be surrounded by our family and closest friends. My entire immediate family came into town for the weekend, including my grandparents. It is very hard for them to travel so we really appreciated their efforts. And I loved having my sister and her entire family come from Indiana. I love seeing my nieces! Joe's older sister Michelle also came from Nebraska. We were so excited that she could come and be with us too!

I don't remember what President Layton said, but I really wish I did. I think I remember that he talked about husband and wife relationships in the Old Testament. Mostly, what I remember was how I felt. When Joe and I walked into the sealing room, to see our family and friends warmed my heart. It still makes me cry, knowing how much we are loved and supported. And knowing that we couldn't and wouldn't be this little family of 3 without all of the help, financially and emotionally, from those we love.

So yes, I cried a lot. :) Such is life. Eventually little Brek was brought in, all dressed in his white suit that my mom made him. And Sister Layton knelt with us at the altar to help Brek. He didn't care too much for having to put his hand on ours, but he did LOVE the chandelier.

And the most amazing thing about it all, is that now, no matter what happens to me, or Joe, or even Brek, we are an eternal family. What a blessing!

By the time we got changed and back to the nursery to pick up Brek, he was all tuckered out. But I think he had enough of a nap to party with the rest of usHere he is with Uncle Peter.
And here he is with Aunt Michelle, from Nebraska.

He got passed around A LOT!

We had lots of soups and rolls, plus some salads and stuff on the side.
And we had 2 cakes:

and...Our sealing day is also Joe's mom's birthday.

So we sang to herand everyone shared their chocolate frosting with Brek
He was a fan.This is just a cute picture of my niece Amy. Love her!
And this is the table we displayed of all the pictures of Brek that we had.
He's a cute kid.
And I love him.
And he's ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment